May we meet at the crossroads of body, mind and spirit. Together we will enter the magic and learn to fly.

Jun 4, 2012

The beginnings of life

I did a bit of gardening yesterday.  There is so much to do and at the same time so much I can't control.  I plant them in a spot that I think they'll do well.  I provide fertilizer and water.  I try to remove weeds and parasites.  If it gets really hot I might not water enough.  Some days I might water too much and drown them.  Noxious weeds are always a problem, every time I look another one pops up.  A storm could come by and beat them down.  I have one plant that didn't winter well and I'm not sure what to do to help it come back.  I'm afraid another one is being crowded out by other plants.  Perhaps transplanting, although initially hard, would be the way to go.  In the end I can't make the plants do well, I can only help.  In some ways gardening is like parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment