May we meet at the crossroads of body, mind and spirit. Together we will enter the magic and learn to fly.

Oct 24, 2012

Denouement

The trees are all bare, striped of the life they once possessed, skeletons stretched across a barren landscape.  A stifled silence settles upon the land, broken by the cry of a lone coyote off in the distance.  I've cleaned up the yard and put everything away in preparation for winter.  Now I wait for the land to sleep beneath a blanket of snow.

My grandfather resides in an elderly care facility, his eyesight is gone and his hearing is rapidly going.  "Who are you" he asks, unaware of how loud his voice really is.  Once a day my father visits and helps him eat a meal by feeding him.  Power of attorney has been signed, my grandmother has just recently passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment