May we meet at the crossroads of body, mind and spirit. Together we will enter the magic and learn to fly.

Oct 4, 2012

The Son Rises

I am sitting by the window looking out towards the east.  The sky begins to turn from black to blue.  A few wisps of clouds on the far horizon turn bright red.  The sky brightens even more as a blood red sun climbs into the air out of the east.  The clouds are set ablaze with color as streams of sunlight fan across the heavens towards me.  I hear my young son stir in his room.  He stumbles out his door half asleep and disorientated.  I guide him toward the washroom, luckily I was up early and around to help.

The earth hurtles through space around the sun at an average speed of 107,300 km/h.  This speed varies depending on the earths relative proximity to the sun.  The earths rotational speed at the equator is 1,670 km/h and 0 km/h at the poles.  In the morning, relative to latitude and time of year, an individual is racing towards the sun at a speed of 108,970 km/h.  In regards to its relationship with me the sun is the fixed point.  Sometimes I have step back, look at my relative position in the universe and remember what really is the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment