May we meet at the crossroads of body, mind and spirit. Together we will enter the magic and learn to fly.

Jan 15, 2018

Cradled between earth and sky

I follow a road through the English countryside.  To the left is a free standing stone wall.  As I come around a corner and crest a small rise I see a section where the wall has fallen down which leads into a wood.  I climb through the gap and enter the trees leaving the road behind me. I soon find a game trail that meanders through ash, oak and an assortment of various underbrush.  The path appears to come to an end at dense thicket. I press on pushing past a tangle of limbs and branches.  I emerge into a small clearing dominated by a lone oak tree.  I climb up into the arms of the oak and rest against its sturdy trunk. I close my eyes and listen to a slight breeze rustle the leaves overhead mingled with the gentle rhythm of my breathing.  When I open my eyes again I see a small rabbit cautiously nibbling on grass along the edge of the bower. Sunlight filters down through the leaves and branches dapalling the ground below. Cradled by the strong arms of the oak my thoughts drift away.

No comments:

Post a Comment