May we meet at the crossroads of body, mind and spirit. Together we will enter the magic and learn to fly.

Aug 7, 2012

The wind will always change

I feel a shift in the air, a change of pressure, a coldness that seeps into my bones.  Dark clouds come down from the north bringing rain.  I have a long way to go yet, a mountain to climb.  I have become separated from the sun by a thick layer of cloud.  The rain starts to fall heavily upon me.  The path I follow becomes hard to see, obscured by the darkness and rain.  My head is down as I place one foot in front of the other.  I must keep going.

My journey gets harder as the path begins to climb higher into the mountain.  The ground is slippery from the rain, I lose my footing and fall. I am cold and wet lying in the mud, I can not stay here.  I do not know what lies ahead but I do know what is behind me.  I must keep moving forward, there is no going back.  I pick myself up and struggle onward as best as I can.  The path is hard but I will not give up.

Eventually I reach the summit and I can finally rest a moment.  It is still raining but it is not coming down as hard as it was before.  I can see the path ahead of me clearer now.  On the horizon sunlight has broken through the clouds, helping me see better where I need to go.  The worst of the storm is over, the wind has changed.  The weather is different on this side of the mountain.  I get up, continue my journey and keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment