May we meet at the crossroads of body, mind and spirit. Together we will enter the magic and learn to fly.

Aug 8, 2012

What I See

Tendrils of smoke waft over from the barbecue.  I close my eyes and pick out the scent of smouldering apple wood chips.  Once and awhile fat drips from the roasting chicken and burns off, releasing the aroma of the spice rub into the air.  I've placed a can of dark beer inside the chicken to help keep it moist and flavored.  I take a sip from the glass in my hand where the majority of the beer resides.  The full rich flavor fills my mouth with taste of roasted malt, chocolate and a hint of caramel.  I hear the sizzle of raindrops on the lid of the barbecue.  I open my eyes and see misty greyness all around me.  I am standing under the eve on the back steps, surrounded by rain.  Sometimes what I see is better when I look with my eyes closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment